Galvanic corrosion

Toutes les questions techniques non spécifiques RM (Navigation, confort, sécurité, etc.). Ce forum est visible par tous...
Rosbif
Membre
Bateau : équipier

Messagepar Rosbif » 25 nov. 2010, 17:47

En ce qui concerne la corrosion galvanique à mon anode sur mon saildrive, quelqu'un peut-il me dire si cela s'applique: «Si la jambe sail-drive et l'anode ne sont pas liés à la terre shorepower qu'ils sont sûrs de les problèmes de corrosion galvanique qui résulte souvent d'avoir une alimentation à quai permanent connexion "
Merci, Georges

éric
Membre
Bateau : ex proprio Ovento, RM 1050, n° 21

Messagepar éric » 25 nov. 2010, 21:32

Hi Georges

Could you send your post again, in English, because I'm not sure I understood it in the French translation?
Thanks
Éric P.

Rosbif
Membre

Messagepar Rosbif » 26 nov. 2010, 01:04

Thanks Eric for your help. Basically I am worried about galvanic corrosion to my saildrive anode when the boat is left connected to shore power over the winter, to power a dehumidifier. The following quote comes from a UK sailing forum:

'If the sail-drive leg and anode are not bonded to the shorepower earth they are safe from the galvanic corrosion problems that often results from having a permanent shorepower connection.

If the shorepower earth is not bonded to the DC negative then there is no threat to hull anodes or other under water appendages that may be connected to the DC negative.

Basically no circuit = no current = no corrosion.

But beware of any adventitious connections that might occur ... ensure your earth does truly remain isolated.'

What I don't know is whether my RM1050 electrics are wired this way. The crucial question - Is my shore power earth bonded or NOT bonded to the DC negative? Nor do I pretend to be an electrician! I am most grateful for any help on this matter.
Thankyou, george
Modifié en dernier par Rosbif le 26 nov. 2010, 01:08, modifié 1 fois.

sonabia
Membre
Bateau : RM 1050 N°64

Messagepar sonabia » 26 nov. 2010, 07:40

Hi Georges

I imagine that there is a simple method to test it ( but I have never tried it):
- check with a multimeter whether there is a voltage (NOT a resistance) between the negative plot of any battery and the ground/earth plot of your shore power. Test AC voltage first, then (just in case) DC.
- If the value fluctuates widely , they are separated.
- If there is a steady value (or zero value) they are probably linked in some way.
- Just in case your shore supply has a weird ground/earth connection, also test the voltage between the battery and the water itself.

Tip. You can use any low cost multimeter + 2 thin cables to do the test, just wrap the cables tightly around the battery plot and the ground pin of your plug in order to avoid electrical noise.

Cheers

Eric
Modifié en dernier par sonabia le 26 nov. 2010, 07:41, modifié 1 fois.

Rosbif
Membre

Messagepar Rosbif » 26 nov. 2010, 13:58

thankyou

Retourner vers « Forum technique général »